Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cool appetizer at Imari Sushi


So I was at one of my favorite sushi joints last week and the chef turned me on to this fried tofu appetizer called Agedashi Tofu.
Basically it is lightly deep-fried tofu that has scallions and shredded bonita shavings. It is served with a tempura sauce that has ginger, soy sauce and orange.
It was a nice break from the sushi and sashimi we were eating, but the cool think about this dish is the Bonita is so light that it looks like dancing worms on the tofu. It tripped me out at first, but was soon so fascinated by it that I almost didn't want to eat it.

The best part about it was you get four pretty good size pieces and the cost is $5.95. Sushi Imari is at 375 N. Bristol St., Costa Mesa (714) 641-5654

No comments:

Post a Comment